1. Love on earth brings tears, but Love in heaven will wipe them away. (DLH)
2. You prepare to live by preparing to die.
3. You can't keep from growing old, but you can always stay immature.
4. Preach the Gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. (St. Francis of Assisi)
5. A man may admire any number of attractive women, but he's a fool unless he marries his best
friend, no matter how beautiful her face or form. (DLH)
6. The only point of contact between Heaven and Hell is the Cross of Jesus Christ. (DLH)
7. Virtues are more often seen in discussion than in practice, but more often understood in lives
than on lips.
8. Broadmindedness is often just the stretching apart of a person's conscience.
9. Don't ever run ahead of the Lord; He may decide not to catch up to you.
10. The more a man possesses over and above what he uses, the more careworn he becomes.
(George Bernard Shaw)
11. A simple life discards whatever is not necessary to live, grow, and get the job done.
12. If you haven't used it in a year, it's only clutter.
13. Never react to a person based on the word of another: if the other's word is inaccurate, you
lose credibility with the person, and your subsequent anger at the other's inaccuracy damages
that relationship as well. (DLH)
14. The wind of God is always blowing, but we must hoist our sails. (Fenelon)
15. There is nothing like the light of eternity to show us what is real and what is not. (Catherine
16. If you don't act on what you do know, what difference does it make what you don't know?
17. Holiness is giving all that you know of yourself to all that you know of God.
18. Obedience is the one qualification for further vision. (G. Campbell Morgan)
19. God's work done in God's way will never lack God's supplies. (Hudson Taylor)
20. Holiness without love is harshness; love without holiness is compromise. (Francis Schaeffer)
1. Beware the barrenness of a busy life. (Corrie ten Boom)
2. Work as if you did not believe in prayer, but pray as if you did not believe in work.
3. The world has lost the power to blush over its vice; the Church has lost her power to weep
over it. (Leonard Ravenhill)
4. If you want to know God's secrets, you must gain God's confidence.
5. By falling before God, we rise toward Him. (I. Panin)
6. Tradition is the living faith of the dead; traditionalism is the dead faith of the living. (Jaroslav
7. Do your givin' while you're livin', so you're knowin' where it's goin'.
8. An extraordinary God is looking for ordinary people through whom He can do extraordinary
things. (Wayne West)
9. God doesn't call the prepared but prepares those He calls.
10. People don't care how much you know, until they know how much you care.
11. Live that those who know Him not, but know you, may know Him.
12. You live in one of two tents: content or discontent.
13. God's grace keeps pace with all we face.
14. Sympathy is no substitute for action.
15. Say what you mean, and mean what you say, but don't say it mean. (A.A.)
16. We are not merely imperfect creatures who must be improved; we are . . . rebels who must
lay down our arms. (C.S. Lewis)
17. There are always strings attached to God's gifts--the strings of divine love.
18. The Son of God became man to enable men to become sons of God. (Augustine)
19. How proper it is that Christmas should follow Advent -- for him who looks toward the
future, the Manger is situated on Golgotha, and the Cross has already been raised in Bethlehem.
20. True devotion never causes harm, but rather perfects everything we do; a devotion which
conflicts with anyone's state of life is undoubtedly false. (Francis de Sales)
1. Christianity is always crucified between two thieves: false creed and false conduct.
2. Yesterday is history; tomorrow is mystery; today is gift, and that's why it's called "the present."
3. Devotion makes the care of family peaceful, the love of husband and wife more sincere, the service of one's king more faithful, and every task more pleasant. (Francis de Sales)
4. When sin and selfishness rule in the heart, a person's prayers go naturally to the throne of the king of sin and selfishness, and not into the ears of the Almighty. (DLH)
5. Lying is collaborating with Satan in his attempt to manipulate and control the thinking, decisions and actions of others by painting a false, imaginary world. (DLH)
6. Sin holds those most tightly who look for it outside themselves.
7. God enlightens the path of those who live up to the light He has already given them.
8. CHURCH-HOPPING is that perennial fruit of spiritual discontent where Christians relocate their posteriors from one church pew to another, instead of relocating their knees to a praying position, their feet to going on mission, and their hands to sacrificial service. (DLH)
9. When we look at God, our problems may not disappear, but they do take on a whole new appearance.
10. The Creator's intimacy with physical matter in Christ's Incarnation not only set Planet Earth center-stage in the universe, but opened to Earth's spirit-in-flesh inhabitants potential co-rulership of it in union with Him. (DLH)
11. Sometimes God calms the storm, and sometimes He calms the child in the midst of the storm.
12. Be prepared to meet your Maker by meeting with Him every week in church and every day in prayer. (DLH)
13. Who are those people kneeling, bending their heads into the toilet bowl of our nation's moral diarrhea, sniffing the putrid odor with delight? Fans of the Jerry Springer Show. (DLH)
14. Human imagination and creative energy was entrusted to us by our Creator for investment in real work with real things for real values in a real world; the Father of Lies knows that no demon can drain off those powers more effectively than by addicting a human mind to a make-believe world of adventures that lead nowhere and fantasy characters that become little gods. (DLH)
15. He stands erect who bends to help a friend... he rises by lifting others. (cltd. by LAH)
16. Success comes in CANs, failure in CAN'Ts--- so get hold of a CAN-opener and start to use it! (cltd. by LAH)
17. A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on. (cltd. by LAH)
18. Life is short, time is precious, and if our desire is to achieve something, we must learn to choose between the husk and the kernel. (cltd. by LAH)
19. Anyone can count the seeds in an apple, but only God can count the apples in a seed. (cltd. by LAH)
20. There is a sharp severity in God, because LOVE, the identifying essence of His very nature, is absolutely committed to TRUTH, whose LIGHT forever pronounces a passionate and dispelling "NO" to darkness. (DLH)
1. Perpetual, unchanged habits of irresponsibility have annoying, long-term consequences. (DLH)
2. Christ's Cross and Resurrection transformed human death from an abrupt "period" in a brief sentence into a mere "comma" in an eternal, divine biography. (DLH)
3. If believers in "intelligent design" have millions of supporting illustrations from real life, while believers in evolution haven't even a single one, which group is obviously under the spell of superstition? (DLH)
4. It becomes blatantly apparent who the religious fanatics are when you witness the hot reaction that believers in evolution display when "intelligent design" scientists attempt to get the public to bring evolutionary theory under critically rational scrutiny. (DLH)
5. Involvement in trivia wouldn't be so foolish if God hadn't told us the matters for real concern.
6. To wage war with darkness, walk in the light; when you do, the war comes to you.
7. To be rewarded abundantly when suffering wrongfully, take it patiently. (1 Peter 2:19-20)
8. God's Holy Love is so passionately committed to Truth that unrepentant sinners shun it as Divine Wrath, while repentant believers embrace it as the Cross of Christ. (DLH)
9. Simple, child-like acceptance of the Gospel is salvation; ingrown addiction to skepticism and excuses is damnation. (DLH)
10. Just as there is no basis for mutual union in marriage without a husband and wife freely giving themselves up to each other, so there is no perfect union in Christ when the Bride of Christ doesn't surrender herself fully to the Bridegroom who so freely gave Himself up for her. (DLH)
11. If we play shepherd to the wind, we find pasture for demons, for by straying from the truth we give them food for laughter and fill their cup of pleasure. (Augustine, Confessions)
12. If the things of this world delight you, praise God for them, but turn your love away from them and give it to their Maker, so that in the things that please you you may not displease Him. (Augustine, Confessions)
13. Death is a confirmation of the believer's creed. For the skeptic it is discovery, immense and late. (Calvin Miller, The Finale)
14. God doesn't always call the equipped, but He will always equip the called.
15. Faith is that confident trust which joins us to the very life of God, while love is the demonstration of that trust in the complicated network of human life. (Larry D. Smith, When Steeples Are Falling)
16. But too many people now climb onto the cross merely to be seen from a greater distance, even if they have to trample somewhat on the one who has been there so long. (Albert Camus)
17. A proud man is always looking down on things and people; and, of course, as long as you're looking down, you can't see something that's above you. (C. S. Lewis)
18. God is so important that the closer you get to Him the less important everything else seems.
19. Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal.
20. Burning the candle at both ends really isn't that bright.